The Decline and Fall of Xi Jinping, the General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party of the People’s Republic of China.
P.S. - this topic started out with the title of “The Decline and Fall of Modern China”, but was renamed to “China versus the Evil Empire” when I made the second post below.
A couple of years ago, I predicted to my son that we were entering the century (or longer) of China. The Anglo-American empire of the last few centuries seemed to be in its final decline, and China had the wealth, power, industry and determination to become the most powerful nation.
I now think I was wrong.
Rather I think we’re seeing the end coming of another phase of the powers that be consuming and integrating China into their “World Order.”
These powers have been “behind” (and sometimes on) the ships and thrones of the Phoenicians, the Venetians, the Spanish, the Portuguese, the Dutch, the British, and now the Anglo-American Empire.
China was weakened by the Opium Wars of the 1800’s, terrorized by war and communism in the 1900’s, and now enticed to over extend itself in the early 2000’s.
Two years ago, China had the world’s greatest stash of the “gold” (US Treasuries) of our time, the profits it had earned from building the world’s greatest industrial over the previous couple of decades. It was lending out that wealth to develop the Belt and Road Initiative, connecting Asia, Africa and Europe by ship, ports and rail funded by lending those Treasuries to the other nations along the way.
- is being blamed by the world for the WUHAN COVID-19 virus,
- is not trusted by its own people for its handling of this virus,
- faces the possible collapse of the world’s largest dam, the Three Gorges dam,
- is in conflict with Russia, India, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, India, and others,
- has lost the trust of potential customers of Huawei 5G technology,
- is no longer trusted with other key technology,
- depends heavily on exporting into a world economy with collapsing markets,
- and has lost the trust of its Belt and Road Partners.
Each of the above, and more, deserve more detail.
For now, here a few such reports, mostly from just the last week or two:
- The world has joined hands to decimate the heart of China’s financial might
- [3 Gorges Dam] Shocking conversation from China Dam expert
- China’s hunger for others’ land knows no limits. It’s latest target is Russia
- Sri Lankans Feel Humiliated, as China Take Over Hambantota Port
- China-India border dispute: is Pakistan about to enter the fray?
- Xi will have to quit, CCP end is nigh’ | Indian Diplomat
- Former MI6 chief amps up fears coronavirus came from Wuhan lab
- Wuhan company now at the center of one of the biggest fake gold scandals
- Hong Kong: UK makes citizenship offer to residents
- China and Taiwan Could Be Headed Towards a Showdown.
- Why has the China-Australia relationship deteriorated
- The world is finally uniting against China’s bully tactics