Diseases of Civilization: Are Seed Oil Excesses the Unifying Mechanism?

Here’s an important nutrition video just out:

It doesn’t matter much whether one’s diet is based on meat, dairy, potatoes or coconuts for the primary source of bulk energy. What matters are getting all the essential nutrients, and avoiding the toxins. Omega 3 and 6 oils, especially Omega 6, are key toxins, but they are also essential in small amounts. You need these two oils, but too much is toxic. Any typical “Western” diet has too much of them, way too much, ten or twenty times too much.

It matters that one’s diet is low in processed foods, such as the flours and oils from wheat, corn, soy, cottonseed, rapeseed, sunflower, safflower, and other grains and seeds. It matters that one’s diet is quite low in Omega-3 and Omega-6 oils – these are essential oils, but it’s also essential that one’s dietary intake of these two oils both be low, very low relative to any typical Western diet.

The various vitamins and minerals that I mention at times are important. But one must avoid toxins.

More than a small amount of Omega-3’s and Omega-6’s is toxic. Our municipal water, our processed foods, our pharmaceuticals, and our vaccines are toxic. Avoid them, or in the case of water, if you don’t have a good clean natural source, then clean all the crap out of your municipal water, remineralize it, and re-energize it.

Avoid these toxins, and somehow get the essential nutrients. Live long and healthy.

Perhaps the single must useful metric is your Omega-6 input. High (i.e. “normal” by American standards) Omega-6 input is a primary contributor to the diseases of civilization, including insulin resistance, diabetes, fatty liver, obesity, heart disease, strokes, cancer, macular degeneration and other chronic diseases. This means essentially no “seed oils”, no processed foods, and no restaurant food.

Omega 3 and 6 are both essential fatty acids … you’re body requires them to build cell walls. They are both rather rare in ancestral diets, whether you’re talking a meat, dairy, or plant diet. So the body saves up what it gets. But if one gets more than one is using, this results in the body storing up these easily oxidized fats, which leads to a host of problems.

2 Likes

Well - this I didn’t expect. Practically the next Youtube video I watched, from a quite different angle, offers considerable support for the above.

The following video provides considerable evidence that coronary artery disease does not result from LDL lipids (aka “the bad cholesterol”) penetrating into the arteries from the blood.

Rather high insulin levels in the blood, and excess inflammation and oxidative stress, can result in damage within artery walls, that in turn cause the body to increase the vascularization of the artery walls from the outside of the artery, so as to bring in more blood to help heal the inflammation. This brings LDL lipids and other molecules into the artery walls, from the outside in.

Note that high insulin levels and increased inflammation are just the sort of problems that the article in my earlier post, above, associates with excess (aka “normal” in a “civilized Western” diet) levels of Omega 3 and especially of Omega 6 oils, such as produced on an industrial scale by “modern” farming and processing of the seeds from wheat, corn, soy and other such plants.

So - this is all rather straightforward and consistent, that (oversimplifying a bit) means:

• Consume too much Omega 6 oil,
  • which inflames your arterial walls,
  • that develops into coronary artery disease.

The following little graphic, which I screen captured from the lower left corner of the above video, between about the 13 and 19 minute markers, nicely summarizes the root causes of coronary artery disease, and correlates well with the video I posted above in the first post of this topic that associates “modern” chronic diseases with excessive Omega 3 and 6 oils from industrially processed seeds.

Inflammation_and_artery_disease_root_causes

2 Likes

We are assaulted from every imaginable direction. It has to be known by “some” I imagine, must be in very high positions. I also imagine that the control of information, where we are indoctrinated in either “opposite thinking - taught to think in a way that actually believes in behaviors as ‘good for us.’” or in “no need for concern, its only just a little bit bad for you” or filed up with such conflicting information we just throw up our hands (many do do)… that this control of information is intentional, organized from the top down where each level down the folks play a partial henchmen role, in many cases unsuspectingly but in other cases, “suspicious of the frauds,” yet where their life is entrenched in the systems where they operate with cognitive dissonance or consciously justify selling out.

Then, every once in awhile, truth arises like in the video you posted but its such a small voice and will reach so few people BUT if it did show signs of “going viral” I am certain it would be suppressed and/or banned outright by the vast Orwellian machine we are now witnessing that combines government suppression, social media suppression, “news” media operations that suppress and mislead and pressure people like social media, politicians who are all worthless, etc. etc.

What a planet and what a time to be on it.

1 Like

A friend of mine, upon seeing the above, asked me about nuts. I’m glad he did, as it brought to my attention a particular peanut butter based product, “RX Nut Butter”, that I find quite tasty. I will enjoy the last little bit in the jar of it currently on my shelf, as it will be the last jar I purchase. Dang.

By the standards of the earlier posts in this topic thread. peanuts suck, big time. They, along with several other popular nuts, are very high in Omega 6, and what’s worse for peanuts, they don’t even have any appreciable amount of Omega 3 to balance.

Here’s an article with a good chart of the Omega 3 and 6 content of various nuts: The Omega 3 to 6 Fat Ratio of Common Nuts

1 Like

… etc, etc, etc :unamused:

1 Like

Here’s another video, from almost three years ago now, that further documents the harms of poly unsaturated fats.

This is a quality presentation by Nina Teicholz. She is a New York Times bestselling investigative science journalist who has played a pivotal role in challenging the conventional wisdom on dietary fat. Her groundbreaking work, ‘The Big Fat Surprise’, which The Economist named as the #1 science book of 2014, has led to a profound rethinking on whether we have been wrong to think that fat, including saturated fat, causes disease.

This video documents the rise in cancer, gall stones, strokes, and cirrhosis of the liver when saturated animal fats are replaced with poly unsaturated vegetable oils in the diet.

For example, At the 17:10 mark, she mentions a study showing that “people who ate the lowest amount of saturated fat had the highest risk of stroke.

1 Like

This article suggests using butter for lower temperature cooking and food prep, and clarified butter (ghee) for higher temps:

A companion article:

shows the Omega 6 to 3 ratio of butter to be an ideal 3:1

The following scientific video explains how an excess of Omega 6 over 3 in one’s diet lowers one’s energy, over weeks. Both Omega 3 and 6 form critical roles in the key energy generating Krebs cycle of the mitrochondria in each cell, and when there is an excess proportion of Omega 6, a critical “Cardiolipin” structure in that cycle becomes pathologically remodeled, then the energy generation fails.

As the first of the above three links suggests, “Make sure to choose butter from grass-fed cows. This butter contains more Vitamin K2, CLA and other nutrients, compared to butter from grain-fed cows.” As someone whose primary source of fats has been cow’s milk, butter, and cheese, his entire life, I can certainly support that suggestion :cow:.