Human freedom in an advanced civilization (was: CYRUS A. PARSA.....A.I. takeover of Humanity?)

Wish we had more immigrants like Cyrus!! He is trying to wake up humanity to the very real threat of A.I. takeover!! To get his point across he even sued all The Big Tech Guys & their Cohorts!! Because English is not his first language & him being such a genius, he is not getting the attention he should!

2 Likes

I post the following a bit reluctantly, since it’s one of the first posts of content on this new forum, outside of my own posts. So, welcome, welcome, FoxieGrandma!

Kerry Cassidy of Project Camelot interviewed Cyrus A. Parsa a month ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsvP-5dLLtE

I listened to his work a little … I will probably not be listening to him any more … sorry.

Unfortunately, he’s quite a bit more into buzz-word compliant, self-promoting, fear mongering than I personally prefer.

1 Like

However, on further consideration, this may well be one of the most important topics of our time:

How can human freedom exist in an integrated world?

I am reading a long post, on http://LewRockwell.com, at:

Techno-Tyranny: How The US National Security State Is Using Coronavirus To Fulfill an Orwellian Vision

This article examines the current technical and national contest, especially between the United States and China, as they develop highly integrated, “post-modern” technology that presents a deep threat to the personal freedoms that have been a cornerstone of American history and culture.

This article does not strive to answer the larger question of how to organize a technologically advanced and integrated civilization while preserving the individual liberties and freedoms of the individual.

That larger question deserves more thought.

I have taken the liberty of adding the words “Human freedom in an advanced civilization” to this thread’s title, to reflect that topic.

2 Likes

Great to see you here, Foxie!

1 Like

…and why I call it COVID-19(84)

I can see it will take me awhile to get used to how this system works!! Thanks for the greeting, Chester!! :hugs:

1 Like

FYI Foxie… I have used this software at another forum since September and I did experience a learning curve but I have come to love this software - The “shot callers” at TheMooster made a great call.

1 Like

Are you one of the “shot callers”, Chester??

1 Like

The only shot caller here at theMooster for now is myself, ThePythonicCow, aka Paul, former Avalon admin :).

Nahhhh, no “shot caller” here or anywhere in fact. Never been asked (they are wise!)… and if I were, I would decline first and foremost because I couldn’t commit to being available consistently which, IMO, a mod should be.

But I am a friend. One that only intends to “do the right thing.”

In some forums, it is easier to do this. And some, it is not so easy (at least for me).

I hope to see theMooster grow and I am confident it will. I am also confident some really great folks will “onboard” over time.

2 Likes

Nice to know we’re in “good hands”!!! :wink:

1 Like

Nice to have another friend, even if you’re not a Shot Caller!! :grinning: Were you on Avalon?

1 Like

Yes - I was Justoneman, then Justone, then Sam Hunter, then Sammy…

My full name is Samuel Chester Hunter

My family always called me Chester, so I decided to be who I always was instead of using an avatar.

Nice to say “hello”!! Guess I would remember you as Sammy!!

1 Like