U.S. Senator Duckworth blocking promotion of 1,123 General Officers

As reported in main stream media:

Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois announced on Thursday that she is blocking Senate confirmation of 1,123 senior US Armed Forces promotions until she receives assurances that the promotion of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a key witness in President Donald Trump’s impeachment inquiry, won’t be blocked.

Duckworth, a combat veteran who serves on the Senate Armed Services Committee, is seeking written confirmation from Defense Secretary Mark Esper that he has not and will not stop Vindman, a decorated veteran, from being promoted to the rank of Colonel.

Duckworth’s power play, which her office described as “unprecedented in modern history,” takes advantage of unanimous consent procedures in the Senate that are used to efficiently conduct Senate business. Typically, a large batch of non-controversial military promotions, like the ones Duckworth is holding up, would be passed all at once with just a few words exchanged on the floor between Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and whoever is the presiding officer.

My thoughts:

Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth said in her statement, regarding blocking promotions of 1,123 military officers, that her action “goes far beyond any single military officer. It is about protecting a merit-based system from political corruption.

I hope that Senator Duckworth has been careful to install only shatter proof mirrors in her home. I can well imagine that ordinary glass mirrors would shatter, potentially causing some nasty cuts and scarring, were she to look into one.

Less sarcastically, more realistically, I can well imagine that blocking military promotions to the general officer ranks would be especially important right now to the “Hidden Hand.” Obama spent eight years cleaning the commanding officer ranks of patriots, and promoting politically obediant and reliable (to the Hidden Hand) officers. If Trump is to rely on our military, he must undo some of that damage, just as he has had to do in the federal courts, the FBI, the DOJ, and other departments. If the Hidden Hand can delay any of this cleanup, it improves their chance of taking down Trump this November, and it reduces the amount of such cleanup that they have to reverse once again.

In short, Duckworth is doing exactly what she accuses Trump of doing. That is, she is abusing a merit based system for political corruption and unlawful retaliation.

I should have some sympathy for Duckworth, however. She is not her own person. She is a controlled puppet of a Hidden Hand, which continues propagate the same tyranny that has been inflicted on humanity, in one form or another, through out recorded human history (indeed, that historical record is itself but one instrument of that tyranny.)

1 Like

There are TOO many controlled puppets in this country now, IMO!! I was glad to see footage of all the “illegal” fireworks in L.A.!!! :sparkler:

1 Like

Mute point now - Vindictiveman has “retired” from the military.